11th April 2014. Avaaz + Causes (http://bit.ly/1hQzAYv) combined ~ 2,242 signatures on this campaign.
It was physically delivered to Harvest House, JHB as well as emailed. NEW ISSUE: Deadline: Thursday 12/06/2014
MONSANTO WANT TO RELEASE GM MAIZE IN SA, please sign the petition against this- SIGN & SHARE PETITION:
1: Causes.com recycled signatures. http://bit.ly/1hQzAYv
2: Avaaz = petition per issue. http://bit.ly/1i5k6zm
Application by Monsanto x4 Maize product trials (Lowvelder 13 May 2014 pic: http://on.fb.me/1k4V1tb)
Previous Petition submissions=
10th Mar 2014: 1,402 signatures for STOP THE IMPORT OF DOW'S GMO COTTON TO SOUTH AFRICA
Objection to commodity clearance of DOW Agro Sciences GM Cotton. application (09 February 2014)
Read petition info here: http://bit.ly/1gktTGF
11th Feb 2014: 1,491 signatures for STOP THE RELEASE OF GMOs FOR OPEN FIELD TESTS & CULTIVATION IN SOUTH AFRICA!!!
Dupont Pioneer (RSA) application on Sun 12 Jan 2014 for the general release of GMO Maize; (TC 1507 x MON NK603 ~ BANNED IN EUROPEAN UNION AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES)
Read petition info here: http://bit.ly/1i3k7no
OBJECTION TO INTENTIONAL INTRODUCTION/TRIAL RELEASE OF GMOS
IN SOUTH AFRICA
As citizens who are concerned about the global controversies surrounding GMOs and agrichemicals, we object to DuPont Pioneer’s application in the Beeld on 13 March 2014 for intentional introduction/trial release of TC1507 x NK603 and TC1507 x MON810 and TC1507 x MON810 x NK603. These maize lines express insecticidal proteins, including Cry proteins in different combinations, to protect against certain lepidopteran pests.
If you'd like to have your signature re-used in future, be notified of each new issue via email with the option to opt out if you disagree with the petition.
See Causes.com @ http://bit.ly/1hQzAYv
Take to the streets March on May24 Cities ...
Cape Town: http://tinyurl.com/pl6zdoh
Port Elizabeth: http://tinyurl.com/o5m2est
Durban = http://tinyurl.com/pdc534u
----------------------We DEMAND THAT YOU, the GMO Authority,
to once again uphold the well-being of the People and our environment over corporate interests. WE URGE YOU TO:
- Support independent unbiased research on impact of GMOs and chemicals on Humans, Animals and Environment.
- Strictly apply the Precautionary Principle per Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, 2003.
- Revoke approvals and halt further approvals for commodity clearance and general release of GMOs until strict, independent research proves safety.
- Adopt strategies to promote and support sustainable, agro-ecological and climate-smart farming and reduce the impact of large commercial agriculture on our environment.
- Support consumer preferences and enable production of gmo-free alternatives.
- Educate the general public on the RISKS of GMOs and agro-chemicals.
- Work in cooperation with the nations Advertising Standards Authority to enforce our laws on misleading advertising.
- Listen to consumers and promote and enable production of gmo-free alternatives.
- Halt approval of all GMO applications, including these from DuPont PioneerSee full petition pdf here:
For the attention of:
(1.) Ms NL Mkhonza
The Department of Agriculture; GMO Registrar
(2.) Mr. Julian Jaftha,
Director of Genetic Resources& Chair of GMO Executive Council
(3.) Mr Mlungisi Johnson
Chairperson; Parliament Portfolio Committee On Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries