To EC President Ursula von der Leyen, European Heads of States and leaders across the world:The science is clear -- this is our last window to act to stop climate catastrophe. So we call on you to adopt “Green New Deals” to transform our economies and societies to a 100% clean and sustainable future.
At minimum they must include binding commitments to:
- End carbon pollution by 2050, with ambitious reductions by 2030 to keep warming below 1.5°C;
- Protect and restore 50% of the planet for nature, and sustainably manage the rest;
- Unleash investment to green our energy, transportation, housing, food systems and jobs;
- Green our taxes and stop subsidising fossil fuels;
- Transform the economy - with innovative new finance and taxation solutions;
- Leave no one behind - with a fair and just transition for all communities, workers, and lower income nations.