Animal lovers: Help Stop Animal Cruelty Now
T.Syed S.started this petition to
The Law Makers
The present maximum sentence in England for animal cruelty is only 6 months however new legislation will see that length rise to a maximum of 5 years. This will bring the maximum sentences for animal cruelty in England, into line with that in Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.The increase in maximum sentences is a result of some horrific crimes against animals where the courts have been powerless to give harsher sentences. These crimes include&colon&dash
- A man who bought a number of puppies just to brutally and systematically beat, choke and stab them to death.
- The case of Reo, a nine&dashyear&dashold German shepherd who was whimpering in agony when she was found, suffering from open wounds on her ears, jaw and eye.
- A bulldog repeatedly thrown down a flight of stairs, stamped upon and headbutted
- A royal python and boa constrictor which were both decapitated with a pair of scissors
- A shih&dashtzu dog repeatedly stabbed in the face and neck with a kitchen knife before being left to die in broad daylight
- Badgers dug out of a sett and a waiting pack of dogs encouraged to attack them as their ordeal was filmed on a mobile phone
- A golden eagle kept in a cramped kitchen, surrounded by broken glass and empty tin cans.
- Men who buried a dog alive after driving nail into its head. A couple found the dog in woodland after hearing whimpering. They found him buried under a mound of earth and dug him out before discovering a nail sticking out between his eyes. Police were called and the dog &dash who had been suffering from an untreated brain tumour &dash was rushed to vets who were left with no choice but to put him to sleep.
- A woman who failed to meet the needs of 80 guinea pigs and two dogs which were living in ‘shocking’ conditions in her one&dashbedroom flat . The guinea pigs were living in the lounge and an outside shed. The dogs were in crates in a cupboard recess off the hall, where she admitted in interview they could be confined for up to seven hours a day. All the animals were housed in filthy cramped conditions, without food and many without water. The guinea pigs were housed in baskets, in boxes and on furniture shelves and she admitted she didn’t know how many she had.
- A Staffordshire man dragged his cat from one end of a street to the other on a lead, causing terrible grazes to his feet and body. The 11&dashyear&dashold ginger&dashand&dashwhite tabby, called Milky, was seen crying out in pain during the 20&dashminute journey.
Posted (Updated )
Report this as inappropriate
There was an error when submitting your files and/or report.