US Forest Service, US Navy: NO to electromagnetic warfare training in Olympic National Forest
Let's get to
Complete your signature
By continuing you agree to receive Avaaz emails. Our
will protect your data and explains how it can be used. You can unsubscribe at any time. If you are under 13 years of age in the USA or under 16 in the rest of the world, please get consent from a parent or guardian before proceeding.
This petition has been created by carol H. and may not represent the views of the Avaaz community.
Demand that the US Navy abandon its proposal to use our most sensitive environmental sanctuaries for weapons training. Congress has NEVER permitted this use for National Forests.
The Navy's Environmental Assessment Findings of "No Significant Impacts" does not meet legal requirements because it fails to consider:
1) Already existing electronic warfare testing sites that are less environmentally sensitive;
2) Noise impact of diesel generators and jet fly-overs on the extraordinarily quiet Hoh Rainforest;
3) Economic impact of active ground-level weapons systems on this tourist destination;
4) Scientifically documented disruption of migratory bird navigation in the Pacific Flyway;
5) Legally required public notice and opportunity for comment.