Universal Rights For All: Adequate Food, Health, Housing, Education
Let's get to
Complete your signature
By continuing you agree to receive Avaaz emails. Our
will protect your data and explains how it can be used. You can unsubscribe at any time. If you are under 13 years of age in the USA or under 16 in the rest of the world, please get consent from a parent or guardian before proceeding.
This petition has been created by Gebre K. and may not represent the views of the Avaaz community.
Planet Earth has a 10% surplus per capita goods and services for its entire population of about seven billion. Yet, of the 4.4 billion who live in developing countries:
* 20% are undernourished and an equal number don't get past grade 5
* Nearly 60% live without basic sanitation.
* Nearly 33% are without safe drinking water.
* 20% live beyond the reach of modern health services.
* 25% lack adequate housing.
* And even in the USA, about 12 million families risk hunger, and on any night some 700,000 people are homeless
I'm a Quebecer from,Canada. I'm currrently employed full-time as a Counsellor in a group-home catering to adults with chronic, acute psychiatric problems, where I've been since '89. I've worked in various areas of the social services and related areas since 1961 thereby seeing human want and misery in various dimensions.