started this petition to
SNP members and supporters
Men and women rushed to sign the Women's Pledge. Although aimed at SNP members, this campaign will appeal well beyond the party. The pledge affirms women's single sex protections in the Equality Act 2019 which we believe must be upheld.
- Women have the right to discuss policies which affect them, such as the proposed self identification of sex, without being abused or silenced
- Women have the right to maintain their sex based protections as set out in the Equality Act 2010. These include female only spaces such as changing rooms, hospital wards, sanitary and sleeping accommodation, refuges, hostels and prisons.
- Women have the right to refuse consent to males in single sex spaces or males delivering intimate services to females such as washing, dressing or counselling.
- Women have the right to single sex sport to ensure fairness and safety at all levels of competition.
- Women have the right to organise themselves according to their sex class across a range of cultural, leisure, educational and political activities.