Demand that the US Navy abandon its proposal to use our most sensitive environmental sanctuaries for weapons training. Congress has NEVER permitted this use for National Forests.
The Navy's Environmental Assessment Findings of "No Significant Impacts" does not meet legal requirements because it fails to consider:
1) Already existing electronic warfare testing sites that are less environmentally sensitive;
2) Noise impact of diesel generators and jet fly-overs on the extraordinarily quiet Hoh Rainforest;
3) Economic impact of active ground-level weapons systems on this tourist destination;
4) Scientifically documented disruption of migratory bird navigation in the Pacific Flyway;
5) Legally required public notice and opportunity for comment.