You can use the points below to draft your message — but the more personal your message is the better. Talk about why this is important to you. Also, it’s ok to be passionate about the situation but we’ll be more effective if we’re polite.
- We cannot wait any longer to address the refugee crisis properly. 351,314 people have crossed the Mediterranean so far this year, of which 2,643 are known to have lost their lives.
- Britain needs to do better. We currently host just 0.6% of the world’s refugees and this weekend Germany took in 20,000 -- the same number Cameron has proposed for Britain in five years!
As my MP, I call on you
to propose that in Parliament today the following emergency measures are taken:
- Ramp up the emergency resettlement of the 20,000 Syrians committed to on September 7
- Pledge to give technical and financial support to EU countries like Greece managing reception of refugees
- Commit Britain to relocate our fair share of the tens of thousands currently fleeing into Europe
Be sure to copy the link to this briefing to your message: