Dilma: Stop the Amazon Chainsaw Massacre
Dilma's Wake-Up Call!Let's give Dilma a global wake up call by flooding Brazilian embassies with phone calls. We can ramp up the pressure if her ambassadors all over the world report a deluge of calls to veto the bill.
Use the tool below to call the Brazilian embassy in your country
Some tips on what to say:
- I urge President Dilma of Brazil to veto the new forestry bill recently approved by the Brazilian Congress.
- The Amazon and all of Brazil's precious forests are threatened by this bill.
- As we approach the Rio summit, the world wants Dilma to be a true global leader and veto this catastrophic law.
- 79% of Brazilians oppose the new Forest Bill, I stand with them -- Brazil's forests are the world's lung.
- Stronger measures must be urgently taken to protect environmental activists and prevent further murders.
Remember to be polite, we'll be far more convincing if we're reasonable and courteous! If you don't get through, it probably means we're jamming their lines -- a good sign! KEEP CALLING!
Step 1 -- use the form on the right to call the Brazilian embassy in your country!
Step 2 -- Click here to Tweet directly to President Dilma.
Step 3 -- use the tools below to spread the petition to your friends and family! Together let's get to 2 million signers.
The original petition to President Dilma reads:
"We call on you to take immediate action to save Brazil's precious forests by vetoing the changes to the forest law. We also urge you to prevent further murders of environmental activists and workers by increasing law enforcement against illegal loggers and ramping up protection for people at risk from violence or death. The world needs Brazil to be an international leader on the environment. Your strong action now will safeguard the planet for future generations."
Click here to sign the petition if you haven't already!